Thursday, May 13, 2010

Essie - Turquoise and Caicos vs. China Glaze - For Audrey

I was really excited to get Turquoise and Caicos in the mail, but when I opened it it looked very much like For Audrey! Actually, Turquoise is more green. That said, I wore a mixed mani with both for 3 day and no one noticed I had two different colors on.

As far as formulas go, both are not perfect. For Audrey is thicker and only needs 2 coats, the first goes on pretty uneven. Turquoise and Caicos is kind of sheer, needing 3 somewhat thick coats for it to be opaque. I found Turquoise to be a little easier to work with.

Here is Turquoise alone (please excuse the the bumps on my index finger, I had some stubborn glitter stuck to my nail!):


And a bunch of comparison shots:






These shots emphasize the difference in color. In low light they seem almost identical. You probably don't need both. So do I get rid of one? Of course not. A girl needs back up bottles of these things! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this post!!! I've been trying to decide which one to buy and this post helped soo much!!! I love that you went back and forth one your nails best way to compare! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I already have Turquoise and Caicos and I fell in love with For Audrey by watching a video... Guess I don't need For Audrey after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have For Audrey but I think I still would like to get Turquoise and Caicos because one is blue and one is green. I couldn't wear For Audrey in a green ombre and I couldn't use Turquoise and Caicos in a blue ombre. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails