Monday, May 14, 2012

Birchbox May 2012 - Gossip Girl !

I think everyone was so excited for this months Gossip Girl themed box, and unfortunately most of us came away disappointed. The idea was great but it seemed like boxes with great items (full size Stila eyeliner??) were hard to come by. I can't really complain since my box really wasn't that bad. Also my last 2 boxes were amazing so asking for more expensive full size products at this point is just being greedy.

My theme was Hamptons Beach Party. Other than the really fun coral nail polish, I'm not quite sure how any of my items have to do with the beach. Unlike the Teen Vogue box, these Gossip Girl boxes just seemed forced and really not related to GG at all. Also the extra in this months boxes was a single piece of XOXO stationary. It's actually really cute, but ONE piece? It's a piece of paper and an envelope, they could have splurged and given us a few of these.

On to my box contents!





Color Club - Clambake Coral 
I couldn't find this color online, so it seems to either be renamed or an exclusive to this box. It's a mini size which is a little sad, but it's a really fun color. A somewhat muted yet very vibrant orange coral. Goes on a bit sheer and there was slight visible nail line with 2 coats. I found it impossible to capture this color accurately on my nail, but it's pretty close to how it looks in the bottle. 

Ojon Restorative Conditioner
A decent size sample of a conditioning hair treatment. Have not used it yet, but I like to use these treatments in my hair now and then so this is a keeper. 

Kiehl's Abyssine Cream + 
A moisturizing face cream that is supposed to have anti aging properties. I used it twice and it felt nice but went back to my usual cream because I like it better. I don't mind these skin care samples though since I am completely sold on the Olie Biologique oil I got in my last box and will be purchasing a full size as soon as I run out. 

Perfume Sample
Blah blah perfume blah. Can't use, will be giving away (am allergic). 

Notecards
Ahem NOTECARD singular. Like I said, would have been nice to have more than one. I do write letters to friends and this is cute, not sure if I'd be splurging $10 for 12 though. 

So there you have it ! I wish that this box was a LITTLE more geared towards Gossip Girl. The XOXO notecard is the only thing that really relates to the show. While the theme was fun, it seemed forced, which was disappointing considering how hyped up it was. I still love my birchbox though and look forward to next month's surprises :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails