Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kara's Way Box - June 2012

Kara's Way is yet another subscription beauty box on the market, though fairly new to the game. Last month's inaugural box was chock full of amazing natural products so I had to give this a try.

Packaging: The products are wrapped nicely in tissue paper but the packaging is not nearly as elaborate as Birchbox. There is no notecard telling you what you are getting, nor is there an actual box inside the main packaging that you can reuse for other purposes (makes sense since this company is all about being green). This is all fine though cause what really matters is the products, and I have to say I will definitely be using everything in my box.


Products:



When I first opened the box I was a little sad there were only 5 products (they promise 5-10), but then realized they are almost all full size and I was just being a selfish asshole. Kara's Way just emailed me links with retail prices of these products and my box comes in at over $50, further cementing my status as a spoiled brat.

It also came with this cute little tag that apparently has seeds in it since it urges you to bury it and watch flowers grow. Adorable!

For $15 a month this subscription cost more than Birchbox, but the products are definitely of greater value. There is no point system to earn credits towards products, which is a little sad but not a deal breaker. Unlike Birchbox, Kara's Way boxes seem extremely uniform with everyone getting almost all the same stuff. Hopefully they can continue offering great boxes to everyone as they grow.

I wish I could keep both subscriptions, but $25 a month for random things is just more than my wallet can handle right now (for $25 a month I can buy things I actually want from Sephora every month instead of playing the beauty box lotto). Since I already committed to Birchbox with a yearly subscription I am sadly canceling Kara's Way for now, but this is definitely a company to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails