Friday, June 8, 2012

June Birchbox 2012

For some reason Birchbox has stopped sending me shipment notifications, so it's always a pleasant surprise to see that hot pink package in the mail.

Of course I watched the sneak peak video and fell in love with the reusable Tili bags, and of course I didn't get them, but overall this box really aint so bad :)

This boxes theme was Jet Set and most of my products seem to revolve around fake tanning or preventing a tan, so I guess that works. Here goes:

beautyblender blendercleanser - Tiny travel sized make up brush cleaner

Comodynes Sel-Tanning Intensive - these are supposed to be great but I'm really not brave enough for them.

COOLA Cucumber Matte Mineral Face SPF 30 - still searching for the perfect sunscreen for my face, and this one gets bonus points for being all natural.  Yay!

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint - I'm almost on my last tube of Perricone's discontinued tinted moisturizer, so it's nice to try new products. Has SPF 15 in it which is a big plus.

theBALM Staniac in Beauty Queen - Never will I ever complain about a hot pink lip stain. Very tiny, but it seems that a little goes a long way.

Lifestyle Extra
Retro Modcloth Headband (product page here) - a $14 value but this is so not my thing. Will try to trade for Tili bags or give to a friend.

Birchbox Man Extra
John Varvatos Cologne - A LOT of people were pissed off when this extra was featured in the sneak peak video. I agree that swapping out a beauty sample for a man sample is just not good business, but it seems that this is an EXTRA extra and doesn't take the place of anything at all.

All and all a decent box. The samples are tiny, but I can't be greedy and expect full size awesomeness week after week. Also seems like I'll rack up 70 beauty points this week ($7 value) which is pretty dang sweet.



2 comments:

  1. I got sample packets in a previous Birchbox of Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint. I didnt like it that much. it made my face either look like a disco ball or super shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it showed you the preview of the box did it show you the men's sample??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails